We intend to do our best to help prevent the spread of Covid and will be following the instructions given by our Prime Minister last night, so to protect you from us and us from you, there are some changes to the way we are able to help and serve you over the coming weeks. We pride ourselves on our personal service and it will be hard for us as well as for you to restrict our interaction with you, but hopefully it won’t be for long. Most of this is common sense and is for the benefit of you, us and everyone, we thank you in advance for your co-operation and understanding ..
- We cannot supply limousines but we feel it will still be nice for the hearse to come to your family home and for the funeral to set off from there.
- We are still able to prepare your loved one for viewing in a private chapel but must insist that only 1 or 2 of you come to visit.
- We are not able to come to your house to make funeral arrangements but you may come here, 2 persons max please.
- We will try to do as much of a funeral arrangement as possible over the phone, meeting only for long enough to sign the various forms.
- We will not be able to bring your deceased loved one home to rest during this time.
- To prevent the virus being spread amongst us all by passing objects from one to another, some normal items associated with a funeral will have to stop, these include service booklets and flowers,
- If your loved one is wearing clothes when they arrive here, we will dispose of them and will not be passing them back to you; we can’t give you something to take home that has been on our premises.
- We will dress the deceased in one of our gowns, not a set of their own clothes; we can’t have you bring something from your house to pass to us.
The crematoria are still allowing you to attend but in reduced numbers which must be strictly adhered to; some of them are only permitting 10 mourners.
Churches have ceased holding funerals in their buildings but say that services of remembrance will be held when they are able to do so.
Over the past week there have been daily changes to the way we are able to work and I expect there to be more restrictions in the near future. Your support and understanding will help us all to stay safe and well.